The Oroville Live Spot is Now Open for Summer 2020!
- Monday – Friday: 8:00-5:30
- Location: 2167B Montgomery Street, Oroville CA
- Contact: (530) 538-7124
Please Note: COVID-19 Procedures
- Temperatures and a pre-screening survey will be taken upon participant arrival (Please see the PDF below for survey questions). Those with a temperature over 100.4 or a positive screening question answer will not be allowed to enter the Live Spot.
- Participants and staff must wear mask at all times (properly covering nose/mouth). Please bring your own mask if possible.
- Staff will serve water to participants, you are encouraged to bring your own water bottles.
- The only time participants are allowed to take off mask is while eating, and will maintain 6 feet of distance.
- Participants must stay 6 feet apart to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Tables, chairs, video games controls, etc. will be disinfected often.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call (530) 538-7124 to speak with Live Spot staff.
2167B Montgomery Street, Oroville CA
About the Live Spot
The Live Spot is a comprehensive youth program (6th-12th grade) designed to build the skills and capacity of young people, provide opportunities for meaningful youth engagement and involvement in pro-social activities.
The Live Spot offers youth led, youth developed programming, workshops, vocational/job opportunities, mentoring, supportive services and events.
The Live Spot employs young people to develop, implement and evaluate Live Spot services.
At The Live Spot young people are recruited to plan and implement all facets of youth activity at the center, from co-facilitating solution focused group meetings to being trained as youth evaluators.
The Live Spot is a place where young people learn ways to contribute to the Oroville community.
The Live Spot provides young people with mentors, tutors and supportive services from partner agencies.
The Live Spot Action Team is a unique program that prepares high school aged youth for leadership, responsibility and jobs. Action Team members are a crucial part of the Live Spot team. They have the opportunity to create and implement activities for the participants at the Live Spot, attend life skills workshops, support Live Spot special events and do extra activities in the community.
Recently, the Oroville Action Team members and Paragon Petz went to Pacifica Senior Living Country Crest in Oroville and met with residents. It was a great opportunity for the Action Team to make a connection with seniors living at Pacifica Senior Living Memory Care. The pets put smiles on everyone’s face from the residents to Action Team members, and even the staff!
We had three bunnies and a puppy that we rotated amongst the residents. The joy that these pets brought to everyone was simply amazing. We’re always planning great community service projects so if you’re interested in giving back to Oroville then consider joining us!
The Action Team is open to high school students that want to take a larger role in the success of the Oroville community. The program requires a weekly group meeting as well as a commitment to work one day on the floor at the Live Spot.
Become a member: The Action Team is currently open for recruitment. If you are interested in becoming part of the Action Team please the Oroville Live Spot at (530)538-7124 or contact Christina Chavez at CChavez@buttecounty.net. Live Spot programs and services are funded by MHSA
Stay connected with us!
Facebook: Oroville Live Spot