About the Live Spot:
- The Live Spot is a comprehensive youth program (6th-12th grade) designed to build the skills and capacity of young people, provide opportunities for meaningful youth engagement and involvement in pro-social activities.
- The Live Spot offers youth led, youth developed programming, workshops, vocational/job opportunities, mentoring, supportive services and events.
- Young people are the primary partners at The Live Spot. They plan and implement all facets of youth activity at the center, from co-facilitating solution focused group meetings to being trained as youth evaluators.
- The Live Spot is a place where young people learn ways to contribute to the Gridley community. Participants are involved in a number of pro-social activities designed to enhance communication and leadership skills.
- The Live Spot also provides young people with mentors, homework help and supportive services from partner agencies.
New Zen Den now available
This is a space where students can be mindful of their mental health and focus on themselves in a safe space.
The Action Team
- The Live Spot Action Team is a unique program that prepares high school aged youth for leadership, responsibility and jobs.
- Action Team members are a crucial part of the Live Spot and have the opportunity to create and implement activities for the participants at the Live Spot.
- Action Team members attend life skills workshops, support Live Spot fundraisers, and do extra activities in the community.
- The Action Team helps support the Sutter Buttes Canine Rescue (pictured below) and volunteer weekly at a local Senior Assisted Living Facility and do activities with the residents.
- We plan great community service-learning projects to give back to the Gridley/Biggs community.
Meeting Date: TBA
Become a member: The Action Team is currently open for recruitment. If you are interested in becoming part of the Action Team please contact the Live Spot at (530) 846-7309
Come See Us!
- Monday 2:30p-5:30p
- Tuesday 2:30p-5:30p
- Wednesday 1:30p-5:30p
- Thursday 2:30p-5:30p
- Friday 2:30p-5:00p
- Location: 590 Hazel Street, Gridley CA
- Contact: (530) 846-7309
- Membership Application:
Check us out on Instagram @gridley_livespot
Live Spot programs and services are funded by MHSA