- Monday – Friday: 8:00-5:30
- Location: 590 Hazel Street, Gridley CA
- Contact: (530) 846-7309
Gridley Live Spot Academic Success Program
This program provides supervised space for a safe, virtual learning environment. Students will be provided with wifi and socially distanced workspace, as well as support from behavioral health staff. Staff support will be limited to assisting students on tasks and ensuring the technology is working properly to support their class participation. Staff will not be tutoring or teaching any subjects.
Students will need to bring their own chromebook/laptop, earphones, and any textbooks or other supplies/materials they may need. Please see a complete list of procedures and guidelines below.
Procedures and Guidelines
- Students will need to bring their own mask if possible.
- Temperatures and a pre-screening survey will be taken upon participant arrival (Please see the PDF below for survey questions). Those with a temperature over 100.4 or a positive screening question answer will not be allowed to enter the Live Spot.
- Students will not be allowed to share personal items. Please only bring the essentials to limit the number of personal items needing to be sanitized each day.
- The workstations and the meeting room will be thoroughly sanitized before the students arrive.
- Students will only use their assigned workstation each day.
- Staff will serve water to participants, you are encouraged to bring your own water bottles.
- Participants must stay 6 feet apart to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Tables, chairs, video games controls, etc. will be disinfected often.
About the Live Spot:
- The Live Spot is a comprehensive youth program (6th-12th grade) designed to build the skills and capacity of young people, provide opportunities for meaningful youth engagement and involvement in pro-social activities .
- The Live Spot offers youth led, youth developed programming, workshops, vocational/job opportunities, mentoring, supportive services and events.
- Young people are the primary partners at The Live Spot. They plan and implement all facets of youth activity at the center, from co-facilitating solution focused group meetings to being trained as youth evaluators.
- The Live Spot is a place where young people learn ways to contribute to the Gridley community. Participants are involved in a number of pro-social activities designed to enhance communication and leadership skills.
- The Live Spot also provides young people with mentors, tutors and supportive services from partner agencies.
The Action Team
- The Live Spot Action Team is a unique program that prepares high school aged youth for leadership, responsibility and jobs.
- Action Team members are a crucial part of the Live Spot and have the opportunity to create and implement activities for the participants at the Live Spot.
- Action Team members attend life skills workshops, support Live Spot fundraisers, and do extra activities in the community.
- The Action Team helps support the Sutter Buttes Canine Rescue (pictured below) and volunteer weekly at a local Senior Assisted Living Facility and do activities with the residents.
- We plan great community service learning projects to give back to the Gridley/Biggs community.
The Action Team is open to high school students who want to make a difference in their community. The program requires a weekly group meeting and a commitment to volunteer at the weekly meetings.
Meeting Date: Thursdays 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Become a member: The Action Team is currently open for recruitment. If you are interested in becoming part of the Action Team please contact the Live Spot at (530) 846-7309
Come See Us!
Live Spot programs and services are funded by MHSA