- Monday – Thursday Friday 8:00-5:00
- Location: 590 Hazel Street, Gridley CA
- Contact: (530) 846-7309
- Membership Application:
Procedures and Guidelines
- Students will need to bring their own mask if possible.
- Students will not be allowed to share personal items. Please only bring the essentials to limit the number of personal items needing to be sanitized each day.
- The workstations and the meeting room will be thoroughly sanitized before the students arrive.
- Students will only use their assigned workstation each day.
- Staff will serve water to participants, you are encouraged to bring your own water bottles.
- Participants must stay 6 feet apart to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
About the Live Spot:
- The Live Spot is a comprehensive youth program (6th-12th grade) designed to build the skills and capacity of young people, provide opportunities for meaningful youth engagement and involvement in pro-social activities .
- The Live Spot offers youth led, youth developed programming, workshops, vocational/job opportunities, mentoring, supportive services and events.
- Young people are the primary partners at The Live Spot. They plan and implement all facets of youth activity at the center, from co-facilitating solution focused group meetings to being trained as youth evaluators.
- The Live Spot is a place where young people learn ways to contribute to the Gridley community. Participants are involved in a number of pro-social activities designed to enhance communication and leadership skills.
- The Live Spot also provides young people with mentors, tutors and supportive services from partner agencies.
The Action Team
- The Live Spot Action Team is a unique program that prepares high school aged youth for leadership, responsibility and jobs.
- Action Team members are a crucial part of the Live Spot and have the opportunity to create and implement activities for the participants at the Live Spot.
- Action Team members attend life skills workshops, support Live Spot fundraisers, and do extra activities in the community.
- The Action Team helps support the Sutter Buttes Canine Rescue (pictured below) and volunteer weekly at a local Senior Assisted Living Facility and do activities with the residents.
- We plan great community service learning projects to give back to the Gridley/Biggs community.
The Action Team is open to high school students who want to make a difference in their community. The program requires a weekly group meeting and a commitment to volunteer at the weekly meetings.
Meeting Date: TBA
Become a member: The Action Team is currently open for recruitment. If you are interested in becoming part of the Action Team please contact the Live Spot at (530) 846-7309
Come See Us!
Check us out on Instagram @gridley_livespot
Live Spot programs and services are funded by MHSA